Monday, May 16, 2011

Ice Cream Mini Muffins

Did you know you can mix ice cream and self-rising flour then bake it to make delicious bread?!  I didn't either!  But you can...and it's amazing!!!  I came across the recipe for ice cream bread just last night and made a trip to the grocery store today for some ice cream.  I chose to make my bread into mini muffins instead of a loaf.  I do this most of the time with quick breads because they're easier to eat, they take 12-14 minutes to bake instead of 45-60 minutes, and they're just plain cute :). 

Here is what you will need:

2 cups ice cream (any kind you like)
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour (you can use all-purpose flour, just sift in 3/4 tsp baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt)

That's it!!!


Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined and spoon into a greased mini-muffin pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  You will have to eat one to make sure they're done as you can see by my finished batch :).


This is optional, but to me it makes all the difference: mix together a glaze of powdered sugar and milk (I don't measure this I just mix it until it's the right consistency). While the muffins are still hot and in the pan spoon a little glaze over each muffin.  Remove from the pan and enjoy :).


...and who says you can't have ice cream for breakfast?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany!
    My sister Lydia referred me to your blog! I can't wait to try these out! Did you feel like you could really taste the ice cream flavor? I am curious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just enough to make them sweet, but it wasn't overpowering at all! In fact I decided to add the glaze last minute to give it some more sweetness. Let me know how you like them :).

    ReplyDelete